Next
Back
The dining room is part of the west wing which was added in the 1902 renovation done by Frederick Diodati Thompson with Isaac H. Green as architect. Mr. Thompson was very fond of peacocks which were considered quite fashionable at the time as a decorating motif both indoors and out. It is found here in the wallpaper and many of the accessories. The beams in the ceiling are of walnut from trees grown on the property and were originally in a barn which was razed at the time the room was built. This room, as well as the Music Room, was built to accommodate guests. The table can be expanded to seat twenty for dinner.
  Home   About Us
Manor Grounds
Directions